Workers' Compensation Community
What is the Workers' Compensation Community?
ESM has created an exclusive online workspace for employers to share Workers' Compensation best practices, recommendations, tools and insights into managing their programs. Our private Slack channel facilitates authentic experience sharing, knowledge transfer, cross-industry networking and long-term professional relationships. Below are Frequently Asked Questions. If you still have a question, click here to contact us.
WHY IS THERE A CHARGE TO ACCESS THE COMMUNITY?
There are individual costs for each technology used in this platform. In addition, ESM is running marketing campaigns to expand the membership, providing an increasing value through an ever-growing network of employers. ESM may also pay a guest speaker that will provide value to the community. In addition, the cost of this platform is far less than the cost of attending a conference, which are typically only held once or twice a year.
How is my payment PROCESSED?
We use Stripe.com for recurring payment processing. ESM does not store your credit card. You will receive and invoice each month that comes from LaunchPass, a 3rd party subscription based platform provider. Payments will be processed each month according to your signup date.
WHY AREN'T INSURANCE AGENCIES OR INSURANCE CARRIERS ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE?
In fairness to the insurance ecosystem, we cannot play favorites inviting one carrier or one agency to access the membership.
HOW IS THIS DIFFERENT FROM A LINKEDIN GROUP?
The resources and real-time interaction you get by being part of this collaborative online workspace, is why we categorized it a Community. By using the Slack App, you can contribute to content threads, sign up for live Q&A sessions, access the membership’s growing resource bank and even call other members using Slack's integrated online phone application. Ideal for when you want to collaborate in real time beyond the content thread.
CAN I INVITE OTHERS?
Yes, please! But please ensure they have read and agree to the Rules of the Community. Only employers are provided access. If you have specific industry vendors you recommend, please direct message one of the Administrators in the Slack application or use our online Contact Us form.
IF I WANT TO CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION, HOW DO I DO SO?
Although we would hate to see you go, to cancel your subscription, you can do so in the following steps:
1. Click cancel anytime
2. Click the "cancel" button
2. Enter your email address and click Yes, please cancel my subscription.
(You may also Contact us if you have any questions or need assistance).
WHY SHOULD I JOIN?
We hope that you get value by networking with professionals that share similar roles and are faced with similar challenges. In addition, we will be providing exclusive content, resources and peer-to-peer support from subject matter experts that have spent their professional careers working in and around managing Workers' Compensation programs. This community consists of a collective team of fellow employers from all size companies and geographies, industry leading experts and a bank of resources all in one online workspace, ready to support your ongoing challenges.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF BEING A MEMBER?
In today's professional world, we are asked to do more with less. By being part of this community you can lean on others in the same professional role, dealing with the same or similar challenges. Sharing information creates accelerated decision making when you need it most. Additional benefits include:
- Access to a shared network of Workers' Compensation professionals across numerous industries and geographies
- Workers' Compensation Claims Management Analysts, with over 20 years of individual experience, ready to answer your most difficult questions
- Safety and Cal-OSHA experts who can assist with answering compliance questions
- Safety Management tools and best practices to help you mitigate risk
- Return To Work solutions and ideas for Temporary Alternative Duties (modified duty)
- Strategies for managing your Experience Modification Rate (EMR/X-Mod)
- Best practices gleaned from all sizes of employers, ranging from Fortune 100 companies to employers with 5 employees
- Slack's online calling feature to talk real time with other members, in other cities
- Access to Workers' Compensation & Safety Management webinars provided exclusively to Community members
- Live Q&A with subject matter experts
- 10% off ESM Solutions Digital Products
- Updates on Case Law and Cal-OSHA Standards
- Professional growth and peer mentorship
GENERAL RECOMMENDATION: We recommend downloading the Slack App to your computer and pinning it to your taskbar. This will provide a shortcut to access the workspace.